Matthew 14:6

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Matthew 24:6 KJV

Monday, August 29, 2016

7-7-7 Challenge


Every several months on Facebook, authors will start a round-robin challenge call 
7-7-7.
We are to share seven sentences (or paragraphs, if short) from the seventh page of our current work in progress, then invite seven other authors to join the challenge.

I Am an American,
although theoretically finished, 
is still a work in progress since I am now in that not-so-fun stage of editing. 
My copy and content editing notes were recently returned, so it is time to get busy and make the corrections.

But first, here is my 7-7 offering for 
I Am an American:

      Pride crept into Ellen’s voice. “Yes. I'm Nisei, born in America. I'm an American citizen, same as you. But, we celebrate Thanksgiving to remember the Japanese experience of our family coming to America after we became Christians.”
     “That makes sense.” Flo paused as a question popped into her mind. She held out a hand to stop Ellen from entering their Trig classroom long enough to ask. “Ellen, are your parents American citizens too? Or do they still consider themselves Japanese?”
     A cloud of sorrow descended upon Ellen’s face. “My parents are proud to be born Japanese, but came to the United States willing to become Americans. It's the government that won’t allow them to be citizens.

I Am an American is scheduled to be published as part of box set of stories written by authors from around the world and will be available in November, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment